Annons

Tjut i högtalarna...

andynista

Jag har ett par Yamaha HS50 på skrivbordet. De är kopplade till ljudkortet på en stationär dator via mixer. Ibland sitter jag och jobbar på en bärbar dator och när den är på så tjuter det liksom i högtalarna - dvs inte direkt när jag slår på den utan först när man kommer in i XP.

Det är inte så högt att man studsar till, bara jäkligt irriterande.

Jag har provat att ansluta den bärbara till olika vägguttag, men det hjälper inte.

Vad beror detta på? Kan jag göra något för att slippa detta tjut? 😄

EDIT: Den bärbara är också ansluten till samma skärm som den stationära via KVM-switch. När jag drar ur den så slutar det tjuta - men jag behöver ha den ansluten...

Redigerat av andynista
Dela på andra sajter

Annons
Jag har provat att ansluta den bärbara till olika vägguttag, men det hjälper inte.

Även jordade uttag? Tror det är där problemet ligger nämligen.

För jag förmodar att det försvinner när du drar ut strömkabeln?

EDIT: Såg att så var fallet.

Redigerat av rainydays
Dela på andra sajter

Här är lite läsning http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

MEN, eftersom du upplever det som ett tjut kan nog orsaken vara helt annan. Saxar lite från ett forum.

There's another source of noise, and it has nothing to do with ground loops, and it's incredibly common with laptops.

DC offset.

Laptops run on DC, and the power supplies for them are often fairly lousy switching supplies, so they're running on noisy DC. This often leaks out onto analog ports, and causes buzzing noises.

The way to tell, since you are a musician: Does the noise have tone, if so, how close to 60Hz or a harmonic is it?

If it is that, then it's AC hum, and a ground loop. Normally, you hear the 120Hz harmonic (100Hz for you euro folks.)

However, I'm willing to bet it isn't -- instead, it's DC hash from the power supply. The reason you don't hear it on battery is that batteries put out very pure DC.

If the laptop is actually generating sound, what you need to solve the problem is an isolation transformer. Many DIs are also isolation transformers, but not all. A transformer will pass the AC signal that has your music, but is a solid wall to DC, thus, the DC hash doesn't happen.

If the laptop is just generating control signals, something as simple as an inline capacitor can fix it. The problem with that in the audio chain is that it'll act as a filter, when combine with the various components in the audio output, will seriously change the sound of the output, which you don't want. But for control circuits, the frequency bandwidth often isn't critical. Ideally, though, for digital signals, you'd use an opto-isolator, which uses an LED and a photo transistor to completely isolate the two circuits.

If you want to check for DC hash before dropping money on parts, that's simple, if you're comfortable with a little cable hacking. We just use a cheaper DC blocker. You'll need a cable you can sacrifice (or wanted to shorten) and two or three AC capacitors (namely, not normal electrolytic or tantalum caps.) Cut the cable, and solder in a cap to reconnect each wire, matching the color. Make sure they don't short to each other. Now, use that from the output of the notebook to your mixer and beyond, plug in the notebook, and listen.

If the noise goes away, you've got a DC hash problem. Alas, with cheap caps, most of the musicality of the output will be gone as well, but now you know you need to isolate the DC out of chain, namely, you need an isolation transformer. Note that cheap ones will cause the same sorts of musicality problems, and the component ones that Radio Shack sells are optimized for phone/ham use, and only pass 300-3Khz. Great for phone, lousy for music.

If it doesn't, then it is AC noise, and you need to look at ground loops and other strangeness. But given that, with a notebook, you're effectively isolated from ground anyway (most notebooks don't even have grounding plugs), I'm betting DC hash.

(Note: I spent 10+ years doing live sound work, and many more interfacing computers and radios. Both have the same issues with bad supplies putting out noise on DC.)

Dela på andra sajter

Behöver du verkligen ha ström på KVM-switchen. Dom brukar väl funka utan ström så länge minst en dator är påslagen?? (Dom jag jobbat med har funkar så i alla fall.)

Ja, ursäkta jag uttyckte mig otydligt.

KVM-switchen behöver ingen ström. Det är när jag drar ur USB-kontakten från laptopen till switchen som det blir tyst. Men då kan jag inte längre dela tangentbord och mus med den stationära, vilket jag vill. 😄

Redigerat av andynista
Dela på andra sajter

Här är lite läsning http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

MEN, eftersom du upplever det som ett tjut kan nog orsaken vara helt annan. Saxar lite från ett forum.

There's another source of noise, and it has nothing to do with ground loops, and it's incredibly common with laptops.

DC offset.

Laptops run on DC, and the power supplies for them are often fairly lousy switching supplies, so they're running on noisy DC. This often leaks out onto analog ports, and causes buzzing noises.

The way to tell, since you are a musician: Does the noise have tone, if so, how close to 60Hz or a harmonic is it?

If it is that, then it's AC hum, and a ground loop. Normally, you hear the 120Hz harmonic (100Hz for you euro folks.)

However, I'm willing to bet it isn't -- instead, it's DC hash from the power supply. The reason you don't hear it on battery is that batteries put out very pure DC.

If the laptop is actually generating sound, what you need to solve the problem is an isolation transformer. Many DIs are also isolation transformers, but not all. A transformer will pass the AC signal that has your music, but is a solid wall to DC, thus, the DC hash doesn't happen.

If the laptop is just generating control signals, something as simple as an inline capacitor can fix it. The problem with that in the audio chain is that it'll act as a filter, when combine with the various components in the audio output, will seriously change the sound of the output, which you don't want. But for control circuits, the frequency bandwidth often isn't critical. Ideally, though, for digital signals, you'd use an opto-isolator, which uses an LED and a photo transistor to completely isolate the two circuits.

If you want to check for DC hash before dropping money on parts, that's simple, if you're comfortable with a little cable hacking. We just use a cheaper DC blocker. You'll need a cable you can sacrifice (or wanted to shorten) and two or three AC capacitors (namely, not normal electrolytic or tantalum caps.) Cut the cable, and solder in a cap to reconnect each wire, matching the color. Make sure they don't short to each other. Now, use that from the output of the notebook to your mixer and beyond, plug in the notebook, and listen.

If the noise goes away, you've got a DC hash problem. Alas, with cheap caps, most of the musicality of the output will be gone as well, but now you know you need to isolate the DC out of chain, namely, you need an isolation transformer. Note that cheap ones will cause the same sorts of musicality problems, and the component ones that Radio Shack sells are optimized for phone/ham use, and only pass 300-3Khz. Great for phone, lousy for music.

If it doesn't, then it is AC noise, and you need to look at ground loops and other strangeness. But given that, with a notebook, you're effectively isolated from ground anyway (most notebooks don't even have grounding plugs), I'm betting DC hash.

(Note: I spent 10+ years doing live sound work, and many more interfacing computers and radios. Both have the same issues with bad supplies putting out noise on DC.)

Hm... jaha, det verkar ju lite halvjobbigt. Men tack för tipset!

Dela på andra sajter

Det är heljobbigt. Har samma problem med laptopen vi använder live. Men vi löste det med att köra den på batteri under spelningen. Funkar inte lika bra om man ska sitta och jobba med den i timmar bara 😄

Dela på andra sajter

Det är heljobbigt. Har samma problem med laptopen vi använder live. Men vi löste det med att köra den på batteri under spelningen. Funkar inte lika bra om man ska sitta och jobba med den i timmar bara 🙂

Nej, det är ju den haken. Speciellt som den här bara mäktar med max två timmar innan den börjar tjippa efter andan.

EDIT: Men nu har ju Wernborg lovat ett enkel lösning... spännande! 😉

Redigerat av andynista
Dela på andra sajter

Tillverka en sådan här, med två ledare i alltså för att utesluta jorden. Har alltid haft samma problem med mina bärbara.

pict1983pv0.jpg

Redigerat av Wernborg
Dela på andra sajter

Tillverka en sådan här, med två ledare i alltså för att utesluta jorden. Har alltid haft samma problem med mina bärbara.

pict1983pv0.jpg

Är otroligt tekniskt okunnig. Men kan man inte köpa sig en sån kontakt på Clas Ohlson? Är det en vanlig ojordad kontakt? Jag vill också ha bort oljud som min bärbara ger ifrån sig!

Dela på andra sajter

Är det en vanlig ojordad kontakt?

Ja, ojordad förlängningskabel, fast inte så lång i mitt fall 😏

Ok, tack! Ska bege mig ner till Clasa O för att genast införskaffa!

Bara så du inte handlar i onödan. Din laptopadapter har väl jordad kontakt, för annars är det ingen idé.

Dela på andra sajter

Är det en vanlig ojordad kontakt?

Ja, ojordad förlängningskabel, fast inte så lång i mitt fall 😳

Ok, tack! Ska bege mig ner till Clasa O för att genast införskaffa!

Bara så du inte handlar i onödan. Din laptopadapter har väl jordad kontakt, för annars är det ingen idé.

Tack igen! Den är jordad så det blir till att köpa.

Dela på andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vår community genom att registrera dig. Det är enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in här.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...