With its compact and songwriting-friendly design, the first generation of EZdrummer set a new standard for drum samplers. Building on its ease of use but with the addition of several groundbreaking features, the second iteration, EZdrummer 2, which was released in 2014, pushed the concept further. Now with EZdrummer 3, Toontrack is again reinventing the role a drum sampler can play in a songwriting context.
“Although EZdrummer 3 is new in every sense of the word, we’ve gone out of our way to continue to build on the strengths and features that has made its earlier generations the absolute choice software for songwriters. To serve the songwriter with the best set of features for effortless creativity is still at the very heart of the new program – it’s just a whole lot smarter, more intuitive and powerful now,” comments Erik Phersson, Toontrack’s Head of Software Development.
Some of the EZdrummer 3 highlights include:
- Fully resizable and scalable interface
- Onboard grid editor including several new MIDI editing features
- New groundbreaking ‘Bandmate’ feature
- New and improved Tap2Find functionality including a step sequencer
- New and improved Edit Play Style feature
- An all-new core sound library featuring seven (7) kits as well as additional snares, kicks and cymbals
- Core library recorded by Grammy Award-winning producer/mixer/engineer Michael Ilbert
- A new collection of traditional percussion instruments
- Mix-ready presets for a wide range of styles and sounds
- A new MIDI library of grooves and fills
- And much more
EZdrummer 3 will be released worldwide on May 3. Available as of today are exclusive limited-time pre-order offers for both existing as well soon-to-be EZdrummer users.