AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, May 10, 2021. Timeless 3 introduces a streamlined new interface, five feedback circuit effects, more filters, up to 16 delay taps, improved filter and saturation algorithms, a revised preset library, and more. With its dual-delay architecture and limitless modulation system, it’s the go-to plugin for both bread-and-butter echoes and spectacular creative effects.
Taking Timeless to new sonic heights — with particular attention paid to the temporal response of the feedback circuit, FabFilter has upgraded and optimized its analog-modeling algorithms from top to bottom. The results are its warmest filters and smoothest saturation yet, delivering epic echo-based effects of unrivalled clarity, presence, and character.
Stunning new interface and streamlined workflow
Timeless 3 enables users to design even the most intricate delay effects faster and more efficiently than ever. The completely redesigned interface greatly simplifies operation without compromising the feature set in any way, and is presented with a new, darker color scheme that’s easier on the eye during long sessions. The all-new delay display provides intuitive visualization and tweaking of delay time, feedback, and mix settings, while the interactive filter display makes shaping the frequency response a snap, and the stunning full screen mode expands the GUI for maximum focus. Modulation sources and targets now visualize modulation signals with animated collars and tracks, and the new source flow area provides an engaging overview of all active modulations.
Five feedback path effects
Color the sound of the delays with Timeless 3’s five new ‘one-knob’ feedback effect modules. Add analog-style saturation and digital distortion with Drive and Lo-Fi; soften, smear, and ‘reverb-ify’ the signal with the Diffuse knob; dial in instant compression or gating with Dynamics; and shift the feedback up to an octave up or down with the Pitch processor. Needless to say, all five are available as modulation targets, too, so it’s easy to get them moving with Timeless 3’s XLFOs, Envelope Followers, XY Controllers, MIDI CCs, and more.
Shape the delay with up to six filters
Tripling the number available in version 2, Timeless 3 provides six multimode filters with which to sculpt delays. Each filter is instantiated and adjusted directly in the interactive filter display, and offers a choice of high-pass, low- pass, band-pass, bell, shelf, and notch modes. Apply all six in series or parallel, or with three filters on each L/R channel for cross-feedback-enhanced stereo effects. Whether dialed in for precision equalization or modulated for acrobatic feedback manipulation, Timeless 3’s filters put no limits on frequency shaping and sound incredible.
New and improved presets
The factory preset library has been rebuilt from the ground up to maximize its usability, incorporating Timeless 3’s new feedback effects and filters, and reorganized to make it easier to find the effect needed for any situation. From focused instrument-specific treatments, dubbed-out echo-scapes, and spacious reverbs to a vast range of complex modulation-based special FX, the Timeless 3 preset library is bursting with inspirational setups for use in their own right, or as jumping-off points for creating original patches.
- Fully redesigned, highly-simplified interface, with an easy workflow and new modulation engine
- Dual delay lines (5 ms to 5 sec) with host tempo sync and panning
- Tape delay or time-stretching behavior when changing the delay time
- Feedback, cross-feedback, phase inversion, and ping-pong mode
- Up to six analog-style multimode filters with filter panning
- All-new interactive delay and filter displays simplify operation by enabling direct editing of delay times, feedback, filter frequencies, panning, and more
- Create rhythmic patterns using up to 16 delay taps, which can be controlled and modulated individually
- Delay freeze with modulation
- Drive, Lo-Fi, Diffuse, Dynamics, and Pitch effects for processing the feedback circuit
- Endless modulation options, with as many 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources as desired
- Full visual feedback of modulation via parameter animation and ‘source flow’
- Stereo width control
- Mid/side processing
- Resizable interface with full-screen mode
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus support for earlier Timeless presets
- All the usual features FabFilter users have come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, SSE optimization, and more
FabFilter Timeless 3 is now available for EUR 109, USD 129, or GBP 94, supporting both Windows and macOS in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Timeless 3 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Timeless 3 with very attractive discounts by logging into their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
System requirements are either Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only) with Intel or Apple Silicon processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools.
To make self-quarantine just a little bit easier during the COVID-19 pandemic, FabFilter offers free 30-day evaluation extensions for all their plug-ins, including Timeless 3. Evaluation copies are available at: www.fabfilter.com/download.