Annons

Mixing tips

MAAAAAAh

Annons

The sporadic guitar in the pre-chorus, maybe try low-pass it just a little?

Ease up a little on the effects, turn them down a bit. Especially the uplifters.

Lower the volume on everything going in to the master bus, you're driving it way too hard:

image.png.f8fab40deb919b8fed49aafbac81cb5c.png

Do you have a compressor/limiter on the master bus?

Dela på andra sajter

I used ozone limiter on master bus

I dont understand about lowering everything which goes through master because everything is going through master bus like after some sperate reverb bus and all 

And are  redlines showing that in those areas my sounds are way too loud???

Dela på andra sajter

7 minutes ago, MAAAAAAh said:

I used ozone limiter on master bus

I dont understand about lowering everything which goes through master because everything is going through master bus like after some sperate reverb bus and all 

And are  redlines showing that in those areas my sounds are way too loud???

That's weird, Ozone limiter should prevent it from clipping.

But anyways, yeah, try lowering everything in your mixer a bit. (Your actual mixer tracks, probably no need to lower the sends)

Those red lines means that it's clipping at those spots. (Going above the digital 0db)

Dela på andra sajter

After limiter you should have 1db headroom when you are making an mp3 because interpolation can make it clip like this. Really you should always have 1 db headroom unless you are releasing a physical cd or sending a file to a label. And 1 db is truepeak for streaming, so if you dont have a truepeak meter you should probaby have 2 db headroom 🙂 for streaming 

You dont nessisary have to lower input to master, you can just probably lower the master fader. But you should think about in the future to not send to much level trough the masterbuss. Most plugins dont really clip because of resolution is so high inside the program. 

• Gilla 1
Dela på andra sajter

10 minutes ago, Casper Bjerkehagen said:

After limiter you should have 1db headroom when you are making an mp3 because interpolation can make it clip like this. Really you should always have 1 db headroom unless you are releasing a physical cd or sending a file to a label. And 1 db is truepeak for streaming, so if you dont have a truepeak meter you should probaby have 2 db headroom 🙂 for streaming 

You dont nessisary have to lower input to master, you can just probably lower the master fader. But you should think about in the future to not send to much level trough the masterbuss. Most plugins dont really clip because of resolution is so high inside the program. 

Well said, I completely agree 🙂

• Gilla 1
Dela på andra sajter

54 minuter sedan sa HowBoutSomeSnus:

That's weird, Ozone limiter should prevent it from clipping.

I agree with @HowBoutSomeSnus there.

Things that could be worth double checking:

1. Make sure that you don’t have any additional plugins after your Ozone limiter (could add gain after limiting).

2. Check that all effect buses and groups are routed back to the Master Bus, so that nothing is “missed” by the limiter. This one may only be needed in some DAW’s (music software), but I have occasionally made this mistake in Cakewalk/Sonar. 🙂

• Gilla 1
Dela på andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vår community genom att registrera dig. Det är enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in här.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...