About The Sixties EBX
This expansion for EZbass sets out to capture one of the most iconic and defining epochs in popular music history: the sixties. It includes the vibe, the sound and the very bass model whose characteristically tubby, dark and earthy thud played a leading role in its soundtrack. Arguably, no other instrument paints a more vividly compelling image of an era come and gone than this – sonically and visually.
The bass was strung with classic flatwound strings and captured using two distinctly different playing styles, one using the finger and one palm muted using a pick. This gives you two contrasting takes on the same instrument and a tonal range covering the entire width from the traditionally thud-like to the sharp and zingy. In addition to the bass, this EBX also includes a wealth of presets for a wide range of tones as well as a custom library of MIDI basslines tailored for the instrument and the era in question.
- A meticulously captured classic violin-style electric bass from the early 1960s
- Inspired by the characteristic sixties sound and scene
- Ideal for anything from subtle and acoustic music to full-on pop and rock setups
- Includes a classic finger playing style as well as a palm muted option sampled with a pick
- Offering a range from D1 to E4
- Includes a collection of presets covering a broad range of tones inspired by the era
- Comes with a custom MIDI library tailored for the instrument