HAMBURG, Germany — Steinberg has today announced the immediate availability of major new updates to Cubase, its award-winning music production software. With version 12, every member of the Cubase family, from the high-end Pro edition to Artist and the entry- level Elements edition, introduces significant new features and workflow enhancements. With a comprehensive set of efficient tools, all editions set the benchmark for modern music productions, with a sound quality that remains second to none.
Tap into unlimited creativity
One of the highlights in Cubase 12 is enhanced controller support. All three editions integrate MIDI controllers seamlessly into the world of Cubase 12 by automatically detecting selected controllers and providing enhanced options for mapping external devices. Talking of seamless, working with the Chord Track has been improved by allowing audio events to be dragged and dropped to provide MIDI chord progressions for audio. Other new features introduced both in Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist are the Scale Assistant in VariAudio for easy pitch edits and timing corrections, as well as the brand-new FX Modulator which comprises an array of effect modules alongside a comprehensive envelope editor.
Enhanced workflows to reduce workloads
Exclusively available in Cubase Pro 12, the new Raiser limiter is the latest addition to the arsenal of dynamics processing tools that Cubase has to offer. AudioWarp improvements, on the other hand, are shared across both Pro and Artist, with the included Free Warp tool for making timing corrections for multiple tracks simultaneously within the Project window. Common to the entire Cubase family are editing workflow improvements and near sample- accurate volume automation, which is no longer affected by the set buffer size.
Access professional standards
With new improvements and presets, the Logical Editors allow users to create and customize the powerful logical capabilities available in Cubase Pro. Other additions include Dolby Atmos support (available soon in an upcoming Cubase maintenance release) and several features previously only available in Nuendo, such as providing two video tracks and more. Now also in Cubase Pro 12 and Cubase Artist 12, Verve is the new felt piano recorded at the Yamaha Studios in Los Angeles.
And there’s more
Cubase 12 uses the recently introduced, identity-based Steinberg Licensing system that offers significant new flexibility. Customers sign in with their Steinberg ID to run Cubase 12 on up to three computers, without the need for a physical copy-protection device.
Cubase 12 now runs natively on Apple silicon-powered computers, with improved processing times for many operations.
Other features and capabilities new to Cubase 12 include:
- More performance improvements, including enhanced navigating and zooming within huge projects
- Import tempo and signature tracks from other projects and track archives
- New smooth waveforms for accurate audio editing
- Bluetooth over MIDI in Windows 10 or higher
- New SuperVision modules, including VU meter, spectrum keyboard, phase balance, level and loudness histograms
- Audio export with sidechain support
- Advanced crossfade editor for more fade control and improved editing
- ARA Extensions can now edit all events within a track
“Cubase 12 is the sum of its many intricate parts. Expect to find exciting new additions and improvements in all areas of the application that make everything run more smoothly and seamlessly, while at the same time placing a strong emphasis on maintaining the essential features which are so valued by the music production community,” says Matthias Quellmann, senior product marketing manager for Cubase.
Availability and pricing
Cubase Pro 12, Cubase Artist 12 and Cubase Elements 12 are available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for Cubase Pro 12 is 579 euros or 579.99 US dollars. The suggested retail price for Cubase Artist 12 is 329 euros or 329.99 US dollars. The suggested retail price for Cubase Elements 12 is 99.99 euros or 99.99 US dollars. Prices may vary according to the region.
A range of downloadable updates and upgrades, crossgrades, and education versions are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Cubase Pro 11, Cubase Artist 11 and Cubase Elements 11 or earlier versions from November 10, 2021, are eligible for a free, downloadable grace period update to the latest version, respectively.
New features at a glance
- Enhanced Logical Editors for a more customizable experience [Pro]
- Raiser: The powerhouse limiter for the final touch [Pro]
- Pro improvements from the post-production system Nuendo [Pro]
- FX Modulator breathes new life into your sounds [Pro・Artist]
- Verve: A beautifully atmospheric felt piano [Pro・Artist]
- Improved AudioWarp to make recordings even more perfect [Pro・Artist]
- New Scale Assistant in VariAudio makes pitch editing a breeze [Pro・Artist]
- MIDI Remote integration for enhanced external device mapping [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- Improved editing workflow to make hitting deadlines easier [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- Audio to chords lets you focus even more on the music [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- Sample Accurate Volume Automation [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- Native Apple silicon support [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- New flexible Steinberg Licensing [Pro・Artist・Elements]
- A range of other tool and performance improvements [Pro・Artist・Elements]
Learn more: www.steinberg.net/cubase
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now