Annons

Remixtävling, första pris: €1000 (ca 8900 kr)

Side B (oregistrerad)

Side B (oregistrerad)

Hej,

Vi är Side B, vi har gjort musik som grupp i 10 år och släpper just 2 album.

Vi har i år gjort 2 Live framtädanden och är bokade på ytterligare 2.

Här är en spellista med de 10 spår från vårat senast album.

http://www.ubetoo.com/playlist.aspx?playlistid=1277

Vi håller nu i en Remix-/Cover-/Reproduktionstävling med 3 priser!

1a pris: €1000 (ca 8900 kr)

2a pris: €500 (ca 4450 kr)

3e pris: €250 (ca 2225 kr)

Tävlingen hålls i ÖPPEN Genre och FRI Tolkning, så det måste inte vara Elektronisk Dans Musik.

För att delta, lyssna igenom spåren från spellistan och välj ut 3 av dem som du vill tävla med.

När du har gjort ditt val. Skicka ett amil till remix@alarian.se med:

- Vilka spår du har valt

- Vilken genre du kommer göra dem i

- Länk(ar) till dina mest relevanta låtar/produktioner

Skicka vänligen inga svar över Ubetoo, det är svårt att hantera!

Har du några frågor eller andra meddelanden, vänligen skicka ett mail till inquiry@alarian.se

Här är länken igen, ifall du missade den tidigare:

supposed_small.png

Dela på andra sajter

Annons
Side B (oregistrerad)

Här är lite Q&A från ett annat forum... på engelska...

could you please explain a bit more your reasoning behind making it Ableton-only

I want to be able to review the techniques and approaches of the competing material.

If someone takes a few of our channels and just jam them together with sample-cd loops and such' date=' it could sound absolutely terrific... But I don't promote that and even though it might sound amazing as a .wav, I wouldn't call it a winner...

Besides, I'm hoping to learn something from all this.

seems to indicate that you would then prefer to have the ability to make alterations to the winning remixes. Is that correct?

No, that is not correct... Only a damn f*ing asshole would do something like that.

Also' date=' if you only submit one track does it get listened to?

What happens if you submit one awesome track but two crappy ones?

Do all three need to be winners or could you still be in with a chance of taking the third prize?

[/quote']

One track gets listened to. But only under special, unpredetermined circumstances will it have a chance to win.

You can win 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize with your 3 tracks, which would give you a total of €1750 in winnings.

If you submit one track but two crappy ones, you can win 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize.

you also say that this can be in ANY style - though the BPM range kinda restricts that a bit doesn't it.

It can be any style' date=' which fits into that BPM range...

Now I am an ableton live user, but even i cringe at the thought of hving to export sets to you

This is the way I'm doing it... If people don't trust me, then they won't compete.

I am very sorry if someone feels offended by the rules, but applying is a free choice.

' date=' it's bollocks tbh. why not a wav then if that track is selected, then ask for the set?? some of us don't have unlimited broadband you know

[/quote']

Some others of us don't have unlimited time and money you know. The cash I'm offering is all I have and it's taken me quite some time to save it all up aswell. If I'd have thousands and thousands of euros falling out of my pockets, I'd try all sorts of things... Again, the rules are the rules I've decided on. If they make it impossible for someone to apply, I am very sorry. But again, entering the competition is a free choice. If you don't like the rules, you don't apply...

basically' date=' sort these issues out or remove the comp from this site. seems to be a clusterfuck to me tbh at the mo

[/quote']

I have no intention of breaking any forum rules. If you feel that I am breaking rules there isn't anything else I can do but to accept your judgement and have you delete the post on whatever unbiased grouds you decide.

IDMforums.com is the best forum I know of... So if the competition has to go, it has to go...

Seems to me like it would be a shame though, considering alot of people actually want to apply.

All in all, I'm no damn asshole who's out to scam a bunch of hard working producers. I'm trying to create something which I haven't seen anyone else do, I would be happy if they did. To me, this is the absolute opposite of every other egoistic crap most in the industry are undertaking.

I actually thought people would get excited, but it seems that it's like trying to sell a Rolls Royce for £500... Noone will buy it, because they are all too afraid that there's something fishy going on.

Dela på andra sajter

Side B (oregistrerad)

Nej,

Tävlingen går ut på att man gör 3 låtar.

Så jag skick 3 stycken Ableton-set precis så som vi har gjort musiken.

Man får ett eget FTP-konto

För intresse och frågor hänvisas till remix@alarian.se respektive inquiry@alarian.se

Dela på andra sajter

Huh?! 😲

Precis som om det är processen man lyssnar på. En bra låt - är en bra låt - är låt folk gillar, oavsett om den består av ett gäng loopar från en samplingskiva. Fråga Steve Angello.

Eller gillar folk i det fallet låten för att det står ett visst namn på den? Oavsett lär det ha varit sjukt snabba pengar för honom.

Dela på andra sajter

Side B (oregistrerad)

Huh?! 😲

Precis som om det är processen man lyssnar på. En bra låt - är en bra låt - är låt folk gillar, oavsett om den består av ett gäng loopar från en samplingskiva. Fråga Steve Angello.

Ok, det är din, Steve Angellos och en stor andel av mänsklighetens åsikt. Men jag delar inte den med vare sig dig, Steve Angello och följdaktligen inte med den resterande skaran som tycker så heller.

Om jag delar ut åratal av hårt arbete i dess minsta beståndsdelar så förväntar jag mig att jag ska få ta del av hur det används.

Särskilt då jag betalar 15 lakan för det.

Egentligen är det ganska enkelt. Tycker man att det är OK, roligt och vill delta, då deltar man.

I annat fall är man intresserad och ställer ytterligare frågor.

Men att hålla på och tycka saker helt utan något egentligt syfte annat än att argumentera för argumenterandets skull...

Jag vet inte, jag känner att jag har lite svårt att respektera en sådan sysselsättning.

Dela på andra sajter

Side B (oregistrerad)

Nu är det ca. 20 deltagare

Från ett annat forum:

I think the current amount of contestants is very low aswell...

But I guess people get intimidated when the bid is high. I don't think many people take me very seriously.

Either way, I'm going through with this competition and starting to get it going soon.

And so far, no name I've heard of before has applied. So whatever speculation that the "real pros" would apply is now proven to be wrong

Here's a list of all places I've posted the competition on (that I've kept track of):

abletonlivedj

audiofanzine

synthvox

idmforums

foem

studio

ableton

harderfaster

psymusic

traxsource

inthemix

homerecording

di

djtechtools

djhistory

isratrance

ubetoo

I suppose I would have been cautious about a competition like this too. Especially when you're asked to apply with raw material.

It's just that I'm not asking you to give away your music, I'm asking you to give me back the music I own, after I've exposed our raw material.

I don't feel all comfortable with sharing the inner workings of our years of hard work either. But I'm so sick and tired of the way shit looks in the business.

I'm promoting a more transparent way.

So if I'm losing a bunch of cash in that process, well that's the way it is...

However.

Getting (mostly) whining, complaining, anger, negative speculation, accusations of being fake and all that crap in return...

Makes me a bit disappointed.

Dela på andra sajter

Gissningsvis är det kombinationen av att man ska göra 3 remixer och att man måste skicka det man gjort i projektfil (och inte enbart en ljudfil) som är avskräckande. Personligen tappar jag direkt intresset när det krävs att jag ska göra tre remixer, och framförallt att jag inte bara kan ladda ner en zipfil utan måste välja ut låtar själv och sedan i princip ansöka om att få göra det. Alldeles för drygt för att det ska kännas värt att inleda ett försök.

Samma argument som du använder gäller väl även för dig? Vill du inte skicka iväg dina låtar för att folk ska kunna remixa så gör inte det. Tycker du det är jobbigt, gör det inte. Men när du bestämt dig för att göra det så kan du ju inte klaga på den delen, är ju ingen som tvingar dig.

Menar inte att klaga utan se det som feedback bara.

Dela på andra sajter

Gissningsvis är det kombinationen av att man ska göra 3 remixer och att man måste skicka det man gjort i projektfil (och inte enbart en ljudfil) som är avskräckande.

Håller med.Tur att det inte är en matlagningstävling?

Dela på andra sajter

• 2 veckor senare...
Side B (oregistrerad)

Spelar inte så stor roll, det är en hel drös med deltagare nu.

Det är svårt att inte sålla när man har för mycket pers som vill köra?

Jag är bara en människa, jag kan inte hantera ett onädligt antal deltagare...

Har blivit lite ändringar, och funderingar kring licensiering...

Informationen här är riktad till massorna och därför på engelska!

After messaging all 30+ people that have applied, only 6 have responded and I've given it 2 weeks...

So if I would proceed at this moment, that would mean 6 contestants left that I know read my e-mails.

At this point, I'm forced to reconsider the Ableton rule aswell as the BPM Rule. These have been the things people have had issues with. I would need to extend the deadline though, because I have to collect midi-files for all projects and manage more contestants.

Changes in rules are as follows

BPM: Any

DAW: Any

If anyone is interested in entering the competition with a different DAW than Ableton, send your message to remix2@alarian.se

You will get an autoreponse with additional information!

Remember to say which 3 tracks you are competing with!

http://www.ubetoo.com/player.aspx?playlistid=1277

People are wondering about Licensing.

I haven't got the formal print down yet but here's how it works in layman terms.

I will not own right for any material except the 3 winning songs, which I will hold complete mechanical right for (omitting performance and non-commercial uses).

The following goes both ways.

In the event that either part would want to use the music for commercial purposes on any of the non winners, a deal would have to be made for that occurance individually. Generally from our part, if you want to use it mechanically (on your album, in a video whatever) we will not take any royalties, it would be licensed 100% to you in that case.

Naturally, a different deal would be met if a substantial amount of money would be expected to be involved, the proposed deal would be a 50/50 royalty split.

Revenues from performances are individual, no royalty split.

Please take notice.

In relation to this competition, I, and only I will have rights to upload a stream to ubetoo.com

Also, in the future, if I would make a video for it, I could upload it to my youtube.com

The other part will have automatic rights to upload the tracks to any non commercial site.

Same thing applies here, if it's meant to be uploaded on a commercial site, an individual deal would be met, where we lean towards giving 100% rights without royalty claims.

In the event that a part would want this printed on paper and signed, that may or may not be practially possible depending on the amount of contestants and the timeframe before applications end (May 17th).

Dela på andra sajter

Side B (oregistrerad)

Statusuppdatering:

Uploading Remix Packs + Ableton Projects right now.

If you're interested and want the same timeframe as the others, now is the time to apply!

Contest entry is closed at May 17th!

remix@alarian.se <= Ableton Live Users

remix2@alarian.se <=None Ableton Users

Dela på andra sajter

Side B (oregistrerad)

Enklare registrering + licensavtal

You can now registering for this competiton at:

http://tinyurl.com/sb-rmx

The link leads to a registration form.

There is also a licensing agreement on that page and the formula of how the score is calculated

Dela på andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vår community genom att registrera dig. Det är enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in här.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...