Steinberg has today announced the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.4, the next update to the award-winning Cubasis 3 app, available through the App Store and Google Play.
Since its first version, Cubasis has facilitated the use of third-party plug-ins and external controllers, recently adding MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI support, Audio Unit multi-out, keyboard shortcuts and much more. With Cubasis 3.4, Ableton Link is now added to the extensive compatibility list, allowing users to connect with Ableton Live and other music-making apps and devices that support Link.
New workflow improvements for MIDI recording now allow users to freely place the locators to start recording. The Chord Buttons create chord sequences via single taps, and with MIDI time-stretch, users can adjust the speed of MIDI sequences with a few taps.
With its new State Save improvements, Cubasis 3.4 reopens projects in exactly the same state as before: editors display the same zoom levels and remember the position for each audio and MIDI event, the arranger, the mixer channel width, user setup choices and much more.
“By adding Ableton Link support and over 75 improvements to Cubasis 3.4 — most of them customer requests — the team have further extended its vast range of tools and technologies. We can justifiably claim that, by providing almost limitless possibilities for music production, Cubasis is one of the most powerful mobile music production apps today,” says Marketing Manager Lars Slowak.
Performance improvements have also been included in Cubasis 3.4 for the Android and iOS platforms, thanks to the high-accuracy CMSIS-DSP compute kernels provided by Arm. Together with its powerful features and the newly introduced improvements, Cubasis 3.4 is now more efficient than ever before with processors using the Arm architecture.
“Professional audio and other high-end use cases, like Steinberg’s Cubasis 3.4, require the very best from the underlying compute architecture,” says Reinhard Keil, Senior Director of Embedded Tools, Arm, “Arm’s CMSIS APIs, including CMSIS-DSP, are designed to broadly enable precisely this — putting the full potential of the Arm compute architecture at developer’s fingertips.”
Availability and pricing
Cubasis 3.4 is available through the App Store for 49.99 euros, including German VAT, or 49.99 US dollars. Through the Google Play Store, Cubasis 3.4 is available for 29.99 euros, including German VAT, or 29.99 US dollars. This update is free for Cubasis 3 customers.
As part of the New Year Deals promotion now extended until February 14, 2022, Cubasis can be purchased at a 40% discount and its in-app purchases at a 50% discount.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating-point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
- Audio Unit multi-out and sidechain support
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
- Virtual keyboard with chord buttons, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
- Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
- MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
- MIDI auto quantize and time-stretching
- Track duplicate
- MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
- Keyboard shortcut and mouse support
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Audio Unit including Instrument Multi Out support, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support
- Ableton Link support
- Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email