SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 14, 2019 — Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v9.11. Alongside the UA-developed Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip, the latest software release features plug-in titles from UA's direct developer partners, Brainworx and Sonnox.
Developed by Sonnox for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Oxford SuprEsser DS plug-in gives you transparent, precise linear-phase de-essing with near-zero latency when tracking in real time. A dynamic and powerful tool, the Oxford SuprEsser DS plug-in's spectral display and intuitive controls makes identifying and surgically eliminating unwanted sibilance or harshness easier than ever.
Sonnox Oxford SuprEsser DS — Key Features:
- Easily set level-tracking threshold for musical de-essing on loud and soft vocal passages
- Interactive spectral analyser helps identify and control unwanted harshness
- Variable-slope linear-phase filters for precise, transparent control
- Comprehensive Listen and Effect modes for wide and narrow-band detection
- Dry/wet mix control for built-in parallel processing
- Near-zero latency with Realtime UAD Processing for precise de-essing while tracking and mixing
Introduced in 1994, the VH4 amplifier was Diezel's maiden voyage — a 100-watt beast that dropped jaws with articulate cleans, dynamic distortion, and frothy high-gain tones. Still a modern tone giant 25 years after its release, the Diezel VH4 is ubiquitous in heavy rock and metal productions, used by Tool, Metallica, and tons more.
Developed by Brainworx, and officially endorsed by legendary amp builder Peter Diezel, the Diezel VH4 plug-in masterfully emulates this four KT77-equipped 100-watt beast, for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
Diezel VH4 Amplifier — Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original 100-watt Diezel VH4 guitar amp, endorsed by Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer
- Four independent channels for a huge range of tones, from clean to ultra-high gain and all points in between
- 120 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets – recorded in Brainworx´s studio using the NEVE VXS72 console, stellar outboard gear and world class microphones
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, filters, power soak, pre and power amp bypass
- Unison technology for UA Audio Interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Diezel VH4 amplifier thanks to impedance matching