Before sampling, there was tape…
Tape MELLO-FI’s sound and behavior is inspired by Mellotron V, our software recreation of the legendary Mellotron instrument.
The combination of tape reels, analog circuitry, and aging over time gave the Mellotron a distinct sound. Fluttering, grainy, compressed; these qualities have become an endearing part of the ‘Tron sound.
Altering signals with style…
Pitchy flutters, subtle distortion, warm saturation, velvety smooth filtered sounds; Tape MELLO-FI captures the uniquely imperfect behavior of tape in perfect detail, distilled into a single plugin.
Fun and straightforward to use, Tape MELLO-FI isn’t just a one-trick lo-fi pony. It comes as a feature-rich tool for all musicians and producers to use.
- Authentic tape emulator & lo-fi effect based on Mellotron V’s vintage sound & behavior
- Classic tape controls like Noise, Flutter, Wow, Wear, and Mechanics
- Added features like Distortion and Boost
- Interactive tape wheel with tempo-synchronized Tape Stop feature and optional Instant Tape Catch-up
- 12dB low-pass and high-pass filter section
- Enhanced Stereo Width feature introduces offsets to Wow & Flutter from left to right for an extra-wide sound
- Curated 25-preset library for instant-access to retro & lo-fi effects
Free gift for everyone
All users can enjoy the retro charm of Tape MELLO-FI for free from Tuesday, December 21st 2021 at 5PM CET to Friday, December 31st 2021 included. The plugin will be available for download on the Arturia Software Center and arturia.com