TK Audio proudly presents the T-Komp, a compressor with a unique design.
To make it as useful as possible the T-Komp has two ratio ranges. The first one goes up to 20:1, perfect for instrument tracking and smashing drums etc., the second one is a more narrow range which makes it more suitable for bus compression.
The T-Komp can be selected between feed-forward mode for a punchy, modern response or feed-back mode with a smoother, more musical response.
The RMS detector has five settings, four from fast to slow where number four, the slowest, is similar to the old 160VU. The fifth position is a program dependent adaptive mode.
It is also equipped with a blend control for easy parallel compression, a HPF-filter to make it less sensitive to low energy like bass and kick drum, and for stereo use there is a link switch.
The T-Komp is the perfect workhorse both for tracking and mixing!
- Level dependent ratio which increases with the signal level just like vari-mu compressors.
- Two ratio ranges, 1:1 to 20:1 or 1:1 to 2:1.
- Feed-forward mode for a punchy, modern response or feed-back mode with a smoother more musical response (rack version only).
- Five RMS settings, four from fast to slow and a program dependent adaptive mode.
- Blend control for easy parallel compression.
- 150Hz sidechain HPF (rack version only).
The T-Komp is available as a dual mono rack unit or as a single channel 500-series module. They are available for ordering from October 16th 2019.
All units are assembled by hand in the workshop in Halmstad, Sweden.
Edited by Björn Olsberg