Annons

NY VIRUS!

L.C

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=266

Nu virus synt! Yaay 🙂

SÄg det nÀr jag surfade in pÄ trance.nu nyligen.

Redigerat av L.C
Dela pÄ andra sajter

Annons
THE VIRUS TI PØLAR (EURO 2350 incl. 16% VAT) All white including frosty white LEDs, stylish aluminium sides, an illuminated logo at the back, with a block of solid walnut visible beneath the keyboard.

*droooools*

Redigerat av Carl_B
Dela pÄ andra sajter

HĂ€r har ni lite fler features

Of course, TI is still a VIRUS, with all the soul of its legendary predecessors, but for Total Integration, the power and performance of the synth engine have been taken to new extremes, thanks to a newly optimized core which delivers unprecedented performance. For starters, polyphony is more than doubled, to 80 voices under average conditions.

And the sound? Phenomenal! Alongside the award-winning VIRUS oscillator models, two completely new types have been added. First is the real Wavetable oscillator model. This unique algorithm can blend waves to create evolving motion or switch between them to create gritty lo-fi textures.

Also new is HyperSawℱ. It taps up to 9 parallel sawtooth oscillators (plus 9 optional subs!) for colossal classic layers. The number of voices can be changed smoothly in realtime. Surprisingly, HyperSaw doesn’t require additional power or reduce your polyphony! With 9 main plus subs per voice, the VIRUS TI can play over 1800 oscillators in realtime! Now imagine Access’ award winning filters, including MiniMoog cascade emulation, on raw, pulsating WaveTables or insanely fat HyperSaws. With these new features, the Virus has never sounded better!

The Mod Matrix has also been expanded to 6 sources with three destinations each (18 routings total) for greater real-time control and patch programming freedom. The new â€čâ€čKnob Quantize Modeâ€șâ€ș syncs the effect of real-time or sequenced parameter changes to a pre-selected clock interval. Changes are updated on the selected pulse and held until the next, resulting in staggered parameter movements like those produced by a step sequencer.

New and existing Virus owners will love the addition of a programmable arpeggiator! Users can create and store their own rhythmic pattern in every patch.

Enhanced with new power and resources, Multi Mode now embeds 16 patches for self-contained sounds you can tweak and transform without overwriting your singles or affecting other Multi programs. Use it to build impressive layers, splits, or poly-arps for performance or recording. A mode for use with sequencers is also provided, emulating the classic Multi which loads sounds from within the single banks.

In either case, the complete sound engine is always available to each Multi part, including dedicated delay and separate reverb fx for all 16 sounds. In effect, the full VIRUS TI single modes is replicated 16 times!

Technical specifications

The VIRUS TI DSPs are not only faster, they

come in pairs now. A highly effective local buss

in between the processors boosts performance

even further.

> Bigger Display

In fact, a much bigger Liquid Crystal Display,

which can show graphics (128x32 pixels). The

display shows up to 4 rows of text and graphics.

In most cases three parameters are being

displayed at the same time. As a result, there

are only 1/3 of the menu pages in comparison

to the previous VIRUS series.

> Extended Memory

512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM sounds +

16 Multi Mode slots which embed all patches

used.

> Studio Grade D/A Converters

192 Khz studio grade D/A converters (+4dB

balanced output), with optional soft limiting

algorithm. 24 bit A/D converters.

> Quicker Editing

3 edit knobs underneath the display which can

edit three parameters at the same time. The 3

soft knobs can also act as programmable and

nameable knobs for every individual patch.

> Tap Tempo

There is a dedicated Tap tempo button. The tap

tempo algorithm used is based on SyncXtreme,

Access’ acclaimed tempo sync algorithm introduced

last year for the VIRUS C series.

> Digital I/O and USB

The VIRUS TI comes with SP/DIF (44.1khz/

48khz) digital I/O as standard. The USB port is

compatible with the USB 2.0 Specification and

works with USB and Hi-Speed USB systems,

peripherals and cables. Read more about the

USB Audio/MIDI integration on the next page.

> Better Overview

New front panel layout with redesigned sections

and SHIFT button for easy access to even

more parameters through the front panel.

> Simplified User Interface

EXIT button for easier navigation (EXIT gets out

of a menu back on the play page)

> Quicker Mod Matrix Navigation

Dedicated buttons to scroll through the Mod

matrix slots and destinations

> Painless rack mounting

The entire I/O board can be rotated by 90

degrees which makes rack-mounting the

VIRUS much more fun. Instead of having to

find special jack plugs or waste loads of rack

space, simply turn the whole I/O section and

voilĂĄ! - all the sockets are at the back of the

rack mounted VIRUS TI Desktop. (VIRUS TI

Desktop only)

> Illuminated Logo

Illuminated Access Logo on the rear of the

VIRUS TI Keyboard and VIRUS TI PØLAR

(=VIRUS Indigo successor). The logo pulsates

in standby mode, and can be statically on

during normal operation or pulsate to the

tempo (like the tempo LED) which is especially

nice for those drummers used to playing to a

visual tempo source.

> Rack-mounting kit included

Rack mount kit included (user can replace

wooden side panels with rack ears). (VIRUS

Desktop only)

I/O CONFIGURATION

All connections to the outer world have been

drastically improved

· 6 Symmetrical outs with +4dB studio level

· Optional Soft Limiting for every output

· 192 Khz/24bit D/A converters

· 2 Inputs with 24-bit A/D converters

· 4 different input sensitivities

· USB for audio, midi and data connection

· S/PDIF In/Out for Digital I/O.

· Dedicated headphone out.

Dela pÄ andra sajter

MĂ„ste sĂ€ga att jag Ă€r glatt överraskad! Var rĂ€dd att Access bara skulle slĂ€nga ut en Virus D med lite mer polyfoni och lite fler effekter, men det hĂ€r innehĂ„ller faktiskt en del godis... 😄

Tycker dĂ€remot att indigon Ă€r snyggare Ă€n pölar-versionen... 😠

Dela pÄ andra sajter

MÄste erkÀnna att den lockar mer Àn virus c nÄnsin gjorde. Det hÀr med att styra den som en VST:i Àr genialiskt!

Dela pÄ andra sajter

MÄste erkÀnna att den lockar mer Àn virus c nÄnsin gjorde. Det hÀr med att styra den som en VST:i Àr genialiskt!

Helt klart ett steg i rĂ€tt riktning, jag trodde Waldorf skulle bli först med detta med tanke pĂ„ deras analoga filterbank som styrdes via ett VST interface. Jag kan dock tycka att det Ă€r lite trist att man valt USB 1 standarden 😠 - FĂ„r hoppas att det dyker upp en FireWire expansion eller dylikt. Har man fler saker som belastar USB bussen kan man nog rĂ€kna med problem i annat fall.

/Majken

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Helt klart ett steg i rĂ€tt riktning, jag trodde Waldorf skulle bli först med detta med tanke pĂ„ deras analoga filterbank som styrdes via ett VST interface. Jag kan dock tycka att det Ă€r lite trist att man valt USB 1 standarden 🙁 - FĂ„r hoppas att det dyker upp en FireWire expansion eller dylikt. Har man fler saker som belastar USB bussen kan man nog rĂ€kna med problem i annat fall.

/Majken

Öh va snackar du om? USB 2 e de ju!

Dela pÄ andra sajter

RÀtta mig om jag har fel, men det kÀnns som det Àr en lite överdriven hype angÄende Virus-synthen. KÀnns inte riktigt som den Àr tillrÀckligt nyskapande för att vara vÀrd de pengarna.

Dock har jag inte testat synthen sjĂ€lv, sĂ„ jag borde kanske egentligen hĂ„lla kĂ€ft 😆:rolleyes:

/Daniel

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Kan du lÀgga dina vantar pÄ en till mig ocksÄ?

Ska kika pĂ„ det du. 😉

RÀtta mig om jag har fel, men det kÀnns som det Àr en lite överdriven hype angÄende Virus-synthen. KÀnns inte riktigt som den Àr tillrÀckligt nyskapande för att vara vÀrd de pengarna.

Dock har jag inte testat synthen sjĂ€lv, sĂ„ jag borde kanske egentligen hĂ„lla kĂ€ft 😄😳

/Daniel

Jepp hypat Ă€r det! 🙂

Dock Àr pjÀsen icke mindre bra för det!

Men hĂ„ll inte kĂ€ft! Jag tycker matrix-trilogin(filmerna ja) Ă€r hypad och inte fan hĂ„ller jag kĂ€ft om att jag tycker det Ă€r ren dynga, Ă€ven trots mĂ„nga önskningar om just diverse kĂ€fthĂ„llning â˜ș

Redigerat av nkai
Dela pÄ andra sajter

FörstÄr inte riktigt...

Vad Ă€r det egentligen för nĂ„n vits med det dĂ€r VSTi-grejsimojset? Man kan vĂ€l liksom styra alla funktioner frĂ„n sin seq Ă€ndĂ„...? 😆

Har dom gjort sĂ„hĂ€r för att alla som bara anvĂ€nt mjukvarusynthar inte ska bli skrĂ€mda av alla rattar och knappar, och lugnt kunna fortsĂ€tta att Ă€ndra parametrar med musen...? 🙂😉

Eller ja, det kanske sparar lite tid och möda att slippa wavva alla synthgrejer innan nedmixningen, men Àr det verkligen sÄ himla revolutionerande...??

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Eller ja, det kanske sparar lite tid och möda att slippa wavva alla synthgrejer innan nedmixningen, men Àr det verkligen sÄ himla revolutionerande...??

Tycker jag.

MĂ„ste ju bli en helt annan kontroll och mycket mer snabbjobbat...?

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Tycker jag.

MĂ„ste ju bli en helt annan kontroll och mycket mer snabbjobbat...?

Ok, sĂ€ger du det sĂ„... 😆

LÀr vÀl hur som helst aldrig kunna rÀttfÀrdiga ett inköp av en sÄn, sÄ det Àr ju egentligen ingen större vits att fundera pÄ det...

Skulle dessutom mkt hellre köpa en PolyEvolver om jag nÄn gÄng kunde lÀgga sÄ mycket pÄ en synth.

Dela pÄ andra sajter

• 2 mĂ„nader senare...
Polar'en var ju riktigt snygg. Hur Àr klaviaturen pÄ dessa? 1000kronors-midikeyboard-kÀnsla eller bÀttre?

Bra frÄga. Jag har hört att klaviaturen pÄ de gamla virusarna inte var sÄ himla rolig. NÄgon som kan bekrÀfta eller dementera?

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Polar'en var ju riktigt snygg. Hur Àr klaviaturen pÄ dessa? 1000kronors-midikeyboard-kÀnsla eller bÀttre?

Jag lekte med en Virus Indigo 2 pÄ musikbörsen för nÄn mÄnad sen och jag tyckte att det var mycket bra kvalitet pÄ tangenterna. Rattar och knappar kÀndes genuina ocksÄ. Ingen plastkÀnsla alls.

Fast dom slog inte NordLead tvĂ„ans kontroller som nog Ă€r de skönaste rattar jag haft hĂ€nderna pĂ„ (inkl min flickvĂ€ns) 😳

nya virusen verkar mumma...

Dela pÄ andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vÄr community genom att registrera dig. Det Àr enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in hÀr.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...