Annons

CITES inför undantag gällande handel av musikinstrument tillverkade av rosenträ

Studio.se

Effective in late November 2019 - the exact date to be announced - imports and exports of finished musical instruments, finished parts and finished accessories will no longer need a CITES permit. The exception applies to all species of dalbergia except Brazilian rosewood, which remains on CITES Appendix I.

The change culminates three years of work by the musical instrument industry and was adopted at the just concluded CITES Conference of the Parties (CoP18) in Geneva.

“The consensus reached in Geneva this week and the new policies adopted by CITES parties are the result of more than three years of collaboration among international music stakeholders, government officials, and conservation leaders,” noted Heather Noonan, vice president of advocacy for the League of American Orchestras.

“Musical instrument stakeholders have a lasting commitment to the goals of CITES, will remain at the table for ongoing conversations, and are committed to educating the music community globally about how compliance with CITES requirements will support both urgent conservation needs and essential international cultural activity.”

Read more here

Dela på andra sajter

Annons

Men vad menar dom har rosenträ beståndet ökat nåt för överjävligt dramatiskt på planeten på bara tre år eller skiter man numera i det? Det enda jag vet är att företag som tex stewmac och många byggare har börjat upptäcka många nya träslag man kan använda efter restriktionerna infördes.

Dela på andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vår community genom att registrera dig. Det är enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in här.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...