Nyhetsroboten

Pro Sound Effects lanserar The Odyssey Collection: Foley Effects

PRESSRELEASE

Brooklyn, NY (August 13, 2019): Pro Sound Effects®, the next level sound effects library company, today released The Odyssey Collection: Foley Effects – the newest exclusive sound library from their partnership with Academy Award®-winning sound editors Mark Mangini (Blade Runner 2049, Mad Max: Fury Road) and Richard L. Anderson (Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands).

Odyssey Foley Effects provides clean, natural recordings of everyday actions for seamless integration into your projects. With over 4,500 sounds, this collection features a huge variety of props, footsteps, surfaces, and variations of each sound so that you’re covered for all types of character movement.

“Foley” is the act of recording sound effects performed in-sync to picture, often on a Foley stage using various props. These are the generic sounds of common items a character might interact with in a scene, or not captured during filming, such as footsteps, newspaper rustle or a teacup rattle. In the case of this library, these Foley-like sounds were recorded by Mangini and Anderson to fill out temporary mixes while creating the sound for hundreds of major feature films and TV shows.

“Much of what constitutes this library are wild sounds that Richard and I recorded because we didn’t have Foley yet,” says Mark Mangini. “We would usually perform our ‘pre-Foley’ sound effects in acoustic spaces like rooms, halls, or wherever would make them sound most natural and useful in perpetuity across different projects. I wish a library like this was available when we started!”

Odyssey Foley Effects is the latest individually available library curated from The Odyssey Collection: Complete – which features the complete private library of Mangini and Anderson built throughout their careers in sound for film.

ODYSSEY FOLEY KEY FEATURES:
  • 4,592 Broadcast .wav Files: 18GB delivered via download
  • 100% Royalty-Free license for use in any project
  • Flexible Access: Download, online, or on your server
  • Total Length: 30 hours, 45 minutes, 42 seconds
  • Average Recording Length: 24 seconds
  • Rich Metadata: Optimized for fast, pinpoint search
  • View Full Sound List: PDF | XLSX

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
1-User Perpetual License: $395
Multi-User License: Starting at $670

Learn more and get a quote at prosoundeffects.com/odyssey-foley
Edited by Nyhetsroboten

Jag betvivlar inte att det kan vara en fantastisk samling, Mangini vet verkligen vad han håller på med, men det retar mig alltid nåt brutalt när man marknadsför sånt här som "Foley".
Foley är att spela in ljud i realtid i sync till en film eller liknande, och kan vara i princip vad som helst, även om fotsteg och liknande kroppsrörelse-ljud är det vanligaste. Att kalla klipp-ljud för Foley är lite som att kalla ett Casio-keyboard en gitarr - de kan få fram liknande ljud, men det finns en orsak till varför man väljer äkta vara istället för en stel kopia...

• Gilla 1